Who we are
The website located in the domain https://weaving-europe.silknow.eu/ is owned by the Universitat de València, an institution of public law, with its own legal personality and assets, and with the rights recognized by the Constitution and other laws in force. Its identification and location data are as follows:
- Denomination: Universitat de València – Estudi General
- CIF: Q4618001D
- University, Center and Degree Registry Code: 018
- Type: Public
- Address: Avenida Blasco Ibáñez, 13 – 46010 Valencia
The purpose of the https://weaving-europe.silknow.eu/ website is to inform and manage the registration and development of the «International Conference on Silk heritage and Digital Technologies» (hereinafter, the congress), with the following contact details:
- Name: Department of Contemporary History of the Universitat de València
- Address: Blasco Ibáñez, 28
- Telephone: 96 386 49 11
- Email: email@example.com
Both the person who registers for the congress and the person who simply accesses the web page will be considered a user, forcing both in those points that are applicable to them.
The user agrees that the information provided in the registration is true and identifies him reliably.
The acceptation of the current policy implies that the user has been clearly and completely informed about the usage of data storage and recovery mechanisms (cookies) as well as the UV has the agreement of the user for the usage of these cookies in the terms of the article 22 of the Law 34/2002, 11 July, on Information Society Services and Electronic Commerce (LSSI).
What are Cookies?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer when accessing certain webpages. Cookies allow a webpage, inter alia, to make browsing easier, to elaborate statistics on usage, or to store and retrieve information about users’ and their computers browsing habits, and depending on the information they contain and the way in which their computers are used, these cookies can be used to identify the users.
Regulatory framework for cookies
Cookies, which are legally known as ‘data storage and retrieval software, installed on the terminal equipment of recipients’, are regulated through Article 22 of Law 34/2002 (LSSICE)
Therefore, you can now accept or reject the installation of cookies, or select the cookies you want to be installed on your computer. However, according to Article 22 of the LSSICE, consent for the storage of cookies, or access of a technical nature (technical cookies), is not necessary if the sole purpose of activity is for the ‘enabling of transmissions via electronic communication networks, or for the provision, within an information society, of services expressly requested by the service-user.’
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
The purpose of this legal notice is to regulate access to information, registration and management of the «International Conference on Silk heritage and Digital Technologies».
The general contracting conditions will be available to users every time they access the website.
Responsibilities of the Universitat de València
The Universitat de València acts in good faith in the information and services offered through its website and is committed to offering truthful and up-to-date information on the articles offered through the portal weaving-europe.silknow.eu . In the event that there is erroneous information, it will be immediately corrected. If the error is related to the registration fees for the congress, the University of Valencia agrees to immediately inform the user, who will have the right to cancel their registration without incurring any costs. Likewise, in the event that the error affects the information or characteristics of the congress, the user will have the right to cancel their registration at no cost on their part.
The University of Valencia will not be responsible for any breach of its obligations derived from these conditions if it is attributable to circumstances beyond the control of the University of Valencia.
Obligations of users
These general conditions oblige those users registered in the congress (hereinafter, users), and in what is applicable to them, those users who simply access the website. Specifically, users undertake to comply with the following obligations:
- The user will provide truthful information about the data provided in the registration forms for the congress.
- Users agree to comply with the instructions on registration for the congress, available on the uv.es portal, and must act at all times in accordance with applicable regulations, good customs and the requirements of good faith. In addition, the user must know and comply with the Rules for the use of computing resources of the University of Valencia: http://links.uv.es/7kRuj9P
The use of the web portal for any of the following activities is prohibited:
- Incurring illicit or illegal activities of any kind, and particularly, disseminating content or propaganda of a racist, xenophobic, pornographic, sexist nature, advocating terrorism or violating human rights, or acting to the detriment of the rights to privacy, to honor, to the own image or against the dignity of the people.
- Disseminate content contrary to the principles set forth in the Statutes of the University.
- Disseminate false, incorrect or inaccurate statements or references on the pages and services of the Universitat de València.
- Damage the physical and logical systems of the University of Valencia, its suppliers or third parties.
- Introducing or spreading computer viruses or any other physical or logical systems that are capable of causing the aforementioned damages.
- Using false identities or impersonating others in the use and registration on the portal. This includes the use of the “username” and password of third parties to authenticate on the portal and proceed to purchase the products offered through it.
- Register a third party without proper authorization.
In case of breach of the obligations and prohibitions established in this section, it will be considered a violation of these General Conditions, and may result in the cancellation of registration in the congress and the claim of any damages that such breaches may have caused.